Epidemiological analysis of occupational risk factors
Principal Investigator (PI)/Coordinator: Prof. Enrico Pira
- Prof. Enrico Pira, Full Professor, Head of research team
- Dr. Catalina Ciocan, Senior lecturer
- Dr. Giacomo Garzaro, Senior Lecturer
- Dr. Maurizio Coggiola, Medical Executive (Naational Health Service)
- Prof. Daniela Converso, Full Professor (Department of Psychology)
- Dr. Katiuscia Di Liberto, Technician
- Dr. Federica Rossi, Technician
Evaluation of the relationship between work ability, cognitive skills and biological age in workers aged>50; assessment of the effect of working conditions (eg shifts, agile work, physically strenuous work, noise) on the abovementioned variables in a transversal and perspective way (these indicators are subject to a physiological decline with age); evaluation of the effects of smart working and active ageing interventions.
Studies about: bladder cancer mortality in a cohort of workers from a Piedmontese dyes factory exposed to carcinogenic aromatic amines: 73 years of follow-up; general and specific mortality in a cohort of miners and grinders from a Piedmontese talc mine; Mortality related to bladder cancer in a cohort of workers from a Piedmontese rubber industry.
Study of the carcinogenic mechanisms of mesothelioma.
Analysis of biomechanical load in health care workers: proposal of an integrative risk assessment and management tool (HOARA) and rehabilitation methods for an optimal work reintegration of workers affected by pathologies of the spine.