The Department Council is a body of programming and management of the Department.
In particular, the Council:
- sets out the general criteria for the use of funds allocated to the Department;
- establishes the criteria for the use of resources and the areas assigned to the Department;
- approve the Regulations of the Department;
- approves, in accordance with the University personal plan, the proposal for recruitment of professors or researchers, as well as of administrative staff, to submit to the Academic Senate and the Board of Turin University;
- approves calls or transfers of teachers and researchers;
- takes the decisions on the establishment, activation and deactivation degree programs for which the Department is responsible; also assumes the deliberations on the proposal of activation or modification of the PhD of the Department and approve its plans;
- takes the decisions on the definition and approval of the plan of training;
- approves the teaching and the Academic Regulations for degree programs in which it is involved;
- decides on the allocation of responsibility to the teachers teaching in the Department and the coverage of all the teachings activated;
- supervises the good performance and the quality of teaching and research;
- approves the periodic reports on scientific and teaching activity by professors and researchers;
- promotes the internationalization of the training and research;
- transmit to the competent authorities a report on the activities carried out by the Department for research and teaching.
Members of the Council of the Department, with voting rights, are all Department professors and all researchers.
Other members are representatives of the administrative staff, students, PhD students, research fellows and the others identified by the University.
Technical and Administrative Staff Representatives
PhD Students Representatives
Researcher Fellows, Scholars and Trainees Representatives