Hygiene of the living and working environment
Principal Investigator (PI)/Coordinator: Prof. Roberto Bono
- Prof. Roberto Bono, Full Professor, Head of Research Team
- Prof. Sara Bonetta, Associate Professor
- Prof. Elisabetta Carraro, Associate Professor
- Prof. Elisabetta Fea, Associate Professor
- Prof. Tiziana Schilirò, Associate Professor
- Prof. Deborah Traversi, Associate Professor
- Dr. Giulia Squillacioti, Junior lecturer
- Dr. Valeria Bellisario, Technician
- Dr. Cristina Pignata, Technician
Prof. Elisabetta Carraro
Phone: +39 0116708192
Prof. Tiziana Schilirò
Phone: +39 0116705820
Prof. Deborah Traversi
Phone: +39 0116705703
Sezione di Igiene, via Santena 5 bis, 10126, Torino
Prof. Bono, Dr. Bellisario, Dr. Squillacioti
- Molecular epidemiology in the living and working environment. Inflammatory processes, oxidative stress.
- Measurement of behaviors and lifestyles for primary prevention and health promotion.
- Biological and epidemiological techniques for quantifying the biological effects of moderate and adapted physical activity, as a determinant of health and well-being, in populations according to the age group, in physiological, pathological and pregnancy conditions and in the living and working environment.
- Monitoring of air quality with in vitro tests.
- Health Impact of environmental pollution through the Risk Assessment application.
- Estrogenic activity as an exposure biomarker, quantified with in vitro assays in environmental matrices and biological samples.
- Exposure to bioaerosols and particulates and effects on human health
- Modulation of the intestinal microbiota and prevention
- Microbiome of environmental matrices variations and implications for environmental sustainability and human health
Prof. Carraro, Prof. Fea, Prof. Bonetta, Dr. Pignata
- Cytotoxic, genotoxic, epigenetic and oxidative effects of atmospheric particles measured by the Comet assay on human cells in vitro.
- Early biological effects (DNA damage, chromosomal breaks, oxidative stress) caused by risk factors in the living and working environment.
- Antibiotic resistant bacteria (ARB) and resistance genes (ARG) in environmental matrices.
- The emerging pathogens in the integrated water cycle. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatments.
- Epidemiological surveillance of SARS-CoV2 in urban wastewater.
- Ecotoxicological tests (V. fischeri, D. magna, P. subcapitata).
- Healthiness and quality of natural mineral waters.