Public Health and Healthcare Services Evaluation
Principal Investigator (PI)/Coordinator: Prof. Roberta Siliquini
- Prof. Roberta Siliquini, Full Professor, Head of Research Team
- Prof. Maria Michela Gianino, Associate Professor
- Prof. Fabrizio Bert, Associate Professor
- Prof. Maria Rosaria Gualano, Associate Professor
- Dr. Giacomo Scaioli, Senior lecturer
- Dr. Giuseppina Lo Moro, Medical Resident
The group's activity is divided into two main research areas: “Public Health” focuses on the study of the main health phenomena relating to populations, population subgroups and categories at risk; "Evaluation of Health Services" is focused in the organizational and evaluation analysis of health facilities and services through the use of organizational, economic, effectiveness and efficiency indicators.
Main research activities of the group are:
- Analysis of health phenomena in the field of primary and secondary prevention (contrast to risk factors, vaccines, screening) and of relevant public health topics (including antibiotic resistance, gender health, mental health, medical education, Sars-CoV-2 pandemics);
- Health communication and spreading of health topics on internet and social media;
- Quality of care evaluation
- Organizational and economic evaluation of health facilities and services in collaboration with Hospitals and Prevention Departments at regional and national level;
- Consultancy activity related to public health issues in collaboration with governmental and non-governmental bodies and institutions (such as Age.Na.S .; Ministry of Health);
- Health Technology Assessment and cost-effectiveness evaluation.